This course teaches you to apply continuous improvement theory to administrative and transactional processes in your organization. We’ll discuss each concept in theory and then conduct simulation activities, discuss realistic industry applications, and ultimately apply these principles directly to your organization’s unique needs.
At the end of this course, you’ll return to your organization with a concrete action plan you’ve developed during the program—so you can begin your custom improvement process immediately, building a culture of continuous improvement that will give you a competitive advantage.
You’ll learn how to . . .
- Align your organization’s performance to better achieve its stated strategy, mission, and goals
- Identify key administrative wastes and the constraints limiting your organization’s performance
- Analyze potential root causes
- Apply continuous improvement countermeasures
- Increase throughput, eliminate backlogs, reduce costs (direct and indirect), improve quality and customer service, and create capacity for growth
This program is designed for leaders at any level who are interested in bottom-line improvements:
- Operational leaders
- Adminstrative leaders of operational support roles
- Leaders of administrative businesses
- Leaders of transactional businesses
Bill Peterson, MBA
—faculty, Center for Executive Education. Bill is a lean best practices teacher and consultant with more than 30 years of hands-on experience using lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement tools to enhance process efficiency, job satisfaction, and organizational performance.
Keith Leitner, MS
—faculty, Center for Executive Education. Keith is the faculty coordinator for the Air Force Smart Operations Black Belt program and has extensive experience implementing lean concepts in both private and defense industries.
Cost of the program includes . . .
- Most meals
- Single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- Professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs, and individuals who qualify for our General Services Agency (GSA) tuition rates. Note: if you qualify for GSA tuition rates, meals and lodging will be billed separately.
Visit our preferred pricing page
or call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.