Lean for Outpatient Settings
The Lean for Outpatient Settings program employs a mix of interactive lectures, hands-on cases analyses, and proprietary live interactive three-phased simulation to demonstration how applications of lean in the healthcare environment can lead to enhanced patient experience, increased quality of care, and better use of existing resources.
Issues addressed during this program are specific to the scheduled outpatient setting. You will leave this course with a toolkit to assist with the effective implementation of the Lean in your scheduled and unscheduled appointment workplace. You will learn to identify and remove waste, variation and constraints.
As a participant in the program, you will learn how to apply customized lean principles to more effectively:
- Identify and eliminate waste from your organization’s value stream
- Understand operational dysfunction and how to identify high-leverage areas for improvement
- Understand the human role and organization elements in implementing and sustaining a lean transformation
- Determine a road map to begin or accelerate a lean transformation based on an organization’s needs, skills, culture, and commitment.
Practice executives and providers from schedulers to managers, leaders and providers of ambulatory surgical and treatment facilities and labs, nursing executives, and equipment suppliers (close to point of use).
September 30—October 4, 2013
Keith Leitner, M.S.
—faculty member, Center for Executive Education, in the area of lean enterprise deployment. Keith has served business and industry as a management consultant for many years implementing the concepts of lean in both private and defense industries. He is the lead faculty member for Lean for Healthcare custom courses for the U.S. Air Force.
Cost of the program includes . . .
- Most meals
- Single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- Professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs, and individuals who qualify for our General Services Agency (GSA) tuition rates. Note: if you qualify for GSA tuition rates, meals and lodging will be billed separately.
Visit our preferred pricing page
or call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.