This program will invite your active involvement and encourage practice in class. You’ll be provided real examples in order to test the tools we’ll teach you. We’ll also give you a pre-assignment in order to enable in-class use of the process and tools with your specific category information.
By participating in this course, you will . . .
- Review how to identify cost and procurement-process drivers that impact strategy prioritization, selection and development
- Be introduced to various types of analyses and when and how to apply them in strategy development
- Learn how to better link category strategies to overall corporate objectives
- Follow a proven process and practice using a series of tools supporting market analysis, supplier analysis, category prioritization and management, sourcing model selection, requirements definition, RFx development, pre-negotiation planning, and supplier relationship management
- Investigate Total Cost elements and how to identify cost drivers, then develop plans to reduce purchased materials and services total cost and drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Leave the workshop with a potential DRAFT strategy
Bonnie J. Keith, MSA
—president of The Forefront Group, LLC, an international leader in Strategic Sourcing Transformation concepts. Bonnie has over 30 years of operations and supply management experience and has designed effective global procurement and supply management organizations.
Angela Easterwood, MBA
—managing director of The Forefront Group, LLC. Angela has a proven track record in category strategy development, collaborative business process redesign, supplier identification and assessment, total cost analysis, and the implementation of solutions for procurement automation.
$3,850 ($3,750 for CSCM members; $3,270 for UT Supply Chain Forum members)
$1,925 if repeating the course
Cost of the program includes . . .
- Most meals
- Single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- Professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs, and individuals who qualify for our General Services Agency (GSA) tuition rates. Note: if you qualify for GSA tuition rates, meals and lodging will be billed separately.
Visit our preferred pricing page
or call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.