Senior Lean Leader
This course is designed to provide an overview of several key Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO21) initiatives. Specifically, the course includes sessions on strategy alignment and deployment (SA&D), lean tools, and the 8-step problem-solving methodology. The objective is to provide senior air force leaders a basic understanding of these concepts to improve and expand the implementation of ASFO21 CPI efforts throughout the Air Force.
The course includes a site tour, of either industry or an AF base improvement area, to see the concepts covered in the lectures firsthand. Industry partners who are leaders in their respective fields open their doors to Air Force leaders to observe methods of implementing CPI consistent with proven industry standards and recognized best practices, aligned with DoD’s move toward CPI. The Air Force bases demonstrate how they have applied the methodologies covered during the lecture to improve mission performance and reduce costs.
The Senior Lean Leader course engages senior Air Force leadership in a standardized process of identifying major process improvement opportunities in order to realize major performance gains. The course consists of a combination of lecture material, discussion, breakout sessions, and site visits.
By participating in this course, you will . . .
- Reinforce strategic planning methodology and governance
- Become familiar with the 8-step problem-solving methodology, with emphasis on identifying and solving the right problem through root cause analysis, and then sustaining the solution
- Increase your awareness of the organization’s current challenges with methods to share best practices
- Learn to set clear objectives and metrics
- Understand the importance of cause-and-effect analysis in problem-solving
- Understand the lean tools used in the Toyota Production System and their application to the Air Force
- Improve skill levels of your peers and subordinates by coaching them in problem-solving skills
- Create a culture of logical problem-solving in your organization
- Learn key questions to use when reviewing 8-step A3 reports
- Review and discuss critical challenges that the Air Force faces in implementing lean concepts
O6 Colonels and equivalents.
Cost of the program includes . . .
- Most meals
- Single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- Professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs, and individuals who qualify for our General Services Agency (GSA) tuition rates. Note: if you qualify for GSA tuition rates, meals and lodging will be billed separately.
Visit our preferred pricing page
or call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.